18 February 2013

Peter Snay's Death Record

Several years ago, via snail mail, I sent a request to the New York State Archives Research Services requesting a death record for Sophia Snay in Franklin.  The years to be searched were 1900, 1901 and 1902.  The researcher sent a note back stating that she searched through 1903 and did not locate!

I had better luck for Sophia's husband, Peter Snay with my request at the NY Archives' search for 1899, 1900 and 1901 in Franklin Co.?.

His death record:
1900  Oct. 15   
Saranac Lake
Certificate #42367


County Of: Essex
Town Of: North Elba
Peter Snay

I hereby certify that I attended deceased from Oct 10 to Oct 14, 1900, that I last saw him alive on the 14 day of Oct, 1900 about 1 o'clock  A.M.   P.M. and to the best of my knowledge and belief, the cause of ___death was as hereunder written.

Chief cause:  Senile decay

Witness my hand this 16th day of Oct  1900
Place of Burial:  Saranac Lake
Date of Burial:  Oct 18
Undertaker: A. Fortune, Jr.
Signature of John C. Reaume, M.D.

Date of Death:  Oct. 15, 1900
Full Name:  Peter Snay
Age:  86
White
Married
How long in U.S. if foreign born: --------
Birthplace:  Vermont
How long residence here:  34 yrs

Father's Name:  John Snay
Father's Birthplace:  France
Mother's Name:  Mary R. Snay
Mother's Birthplace:  France
Place of Death:  Saranac Lake
Last Place of Residence:  ?
Direct Cause of Death:  Senile Decay


Peter Snay m. Sophia Swinyer
their daughter, Mary Jane Snay m. David Swinyer
their daughter, Sophia Jeannette Swinyer m. John Joseph Garrett
their son, James Herschel Garrett m. Katherine I. Johnson
their daughter (living) m. Richard N. Powers
their daughter is me.....

No comments: